Would you speak up?

If your friend was not going to the doctor for her pregnancy except for a US because she feels she is knowledgeable enough to do it on her own?

mystical_minis

Asked by mystical_minis at 4:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nicely, yes.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't get it? She doesnt want to go to the a prenatal doctor because she feels like she doesnt need it?
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 4:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• she thinks because shes gone through pregnancy before she knows everything to get through it without going to regular visits.
    mystical_minis

Comment by mystical_minis (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I would definitely say something to her about the issue. She should atleast try to receive prenatal care.. Whether it be a midwife, or a doctor.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I would say something, what if she got that strep B virus..whatever its called and doesnt know it.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 4:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If she was a casual friend I would say something & maybe send her a polite email with the local midwifes/doulas in the area..
    If she was my BFF and someone I could be more open with Id be all over here & let her know i care too much about her healthy & her babies healthy to sit by & be OK with it... I would encourage her to go atleaste once to get checked out.
    Is she a nurse? Does she have equipment/knowledge about blood pressure, diabetes, and other stuff...
    I 110% support woman having labor/birth at home if thats what they feel is best, I believe in woman having rights to limit vaginal exams, ultrasounds, and test... But if your not getting any help by anyone- you dont even know what your risk factors are...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It would depend on how close we were. I would get a list of all the problems that can only usually be detected by a dr and why prenatal care is important, then sit her down and talk to her.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I would say something and then let it go. If she knows how you feel, there is not much else you can do.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 6:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i would speak up cuz if her baby comes out wit somethin wrong she is gonna be regretin not goin and gettin her vitamins and all that
    senior_2OO8

Answer by senior_2OO8 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2010