My son is peeing on himself what can I do?

My child is peeing on himself. We have him potty trained thru the day but here these last couple of days he is peeing his pants. I dont know what to do or what we can do. Any suggestions please?

justme581

Asked by justme581 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you have to have patience my son was like that some days he was going to the restroom fine and somedays he would forget but what i started doing i kept an eye on him and as soon as he did the little potty move i would tak ehim running and now hes fully potty trained doesnt go pee at night time either
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 4:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My dd has been potty trained for 6 months and she's doing the same thing Ugh!! Hangin there Momma. I was told they regress so we are reminding her like every 30 mins to go potty..

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 5:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• He is still VERY young to be completely potty trained. Be CONSISTENT and stick with it, it still may be a few more months till he can be completely trusted to not have an accident.

And staying dry at night will take quite a while too. They just have small bladders and cant help it. Its physical and they can not control it at all until their bladder is bigger. My son was almost 5 and he is very smart. :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• They have slips that last a few days sometimes. Is there anything going on at home? Stress, or did you and DH/SO have a fight infront of him? My MIL told me that SIL was totally potty trained at 18mos. Then when they brought my S.O home from the hospital she went right back to pottying in her pants and didn't potty in the toilet untill he was potty trained (and the jealousy still has not stoped lmao). My brother started wetting the bed in 3rd grade from my parents divorce. Kids will potty when stressed. But just sounds like your little one is just getting the hang of things. Im sure he will be fine! good luck!
    1nglmom3

Answer by 1nglmom3 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I have been working a lot more. Plus drama here with their birth mom. So I have a feeling that has a lot to do with it too.
    justme581

Comment by justme581 (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010