Do you ever feel like your toddler is going to eat everything?

My guy must be going through a growth spurt (lets hope for less height and more weight!) He is going to be two in August and he weighs 22lbs and he is tall for his age, but I don't know where he is at...he eats like a piggy most of the time, but today he hasn't stopped eating! Makes me laugh, he just had grapes and some string cheese and was still hungry so I gave him some whole wheat toast and some milk...we will see if that holds him over!

MamaRoberts

Asked by MamaRoberts at 4:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Some days I'm afraid I'm going to run out of food and some days I have to fight with him to eat anything more than ice.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My son does the same thing. Some days he won't eat much and other days he wants to eat all day long. My son is 2 1/2 and 30 some pounds and vary tall for his age (there is only about 5lbs and 3 inch difference between him and my 5 year old son)
    tess785

Answer by tess785 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I wish my son would eat everything! Or anything really. He eats more somedays than others but it is never much.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 7:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My son turned 1 in april and wears a 2-3T and weighs 28lbs. He not over weight at all! he is just a bigger kid.( commonly mistaken for 2 1/2 ) he was 10lbs 1oz at birth and 23 inches. He came out hungry and half grown. lol he does eat a lot. But has a high metabolism like his dad. Sounds like your doing the right thing with healthy snacks. The best thing about kids they eat when they are hungry and stop when they are full. Just dont feel like you need to limit him (unless its sweets and goodys). What is his percentile last time you went to dr?
    1nglmom3

Answer by 1nglmom3 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My LO is 2 and weight about 20 pounds. I am so excited that we just hit the 3rd percentile for height but not even near the chart for weight. There area many days where she won't stop eating. I continue to give healthy stuff until she has exhausted it all and then I have to cut her off or she will explode. LOL
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• HAHA! Well the last time we were in (18 month visit) he was hovering around the 1-2% for weight and about 50% for height, but considering how much he weighs he is TALL and skinny! :) He suffers (giggle) from no-butt syndrome so he is still wearing 12 months pants!
    MamaRoberts

Comment by MamaRoberts (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Hungry seems to be my sons new word. He says it all the time and will get into the fridge unless i stop him. Bottemless Pit has become his new nickname.
    Nemhs

Answer by Nemhs at 10:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010