DayCare/Preschool

I see people make comments about not being able to afford it so I am wondering how many people have tried to get state assistance?

I am not usually one to try to get every kind of assistance possible, but I do try for this one. Even being high up on the scale, I can still receive it. I pay $76 a month for three mornings a week compared to $240 for the same amount of time. Believe me everyone, it is worth a little bit of bruised pride. I still pay money every month, so I don't feel as though I get a total free ride. BTW, I am not high up on the scale in the way of making alot of income. I am a single Mom with a low wage income. It is just compared to the state's scale.

wenona_mandy

Asked by wenona_mandy at 5:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i d/k being in another country but i bumped u anyway
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If you qualify for assistance and need it then I saw apply and get what you need. I will say that your daycare provider has to jump through a lot more hoops and do a ton more paperwork when they accept a family on childcare assistance. Assistance doesn't usually pay what the provider charges in full and families still have to pay a copay. But it does provide an opportunity for those that can't afford it.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 8:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i get assistance from dshs and i pay 50 bucks a month
    kris8525

Answer by kris8525 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Sorry? Whats your question?
    SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 8:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• SRiveroC: Hey Miss Hateful, did you see the first sentence? Not everyone is rich, and some people DO appreciate the assistance. I wish you could bump negatives instead of just positives for people's responses.
    wenona_mandy

Comment by wenona_mandy (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010