Any kid friendly recipes using canned chicken???

Don't have much in the house, but I do have canned chicken...what could I make that's kid/toddler friendly??

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Quesadillas are the ONLY think I've ever used canned chicken for. My kids love mine - I mix the chicken, some cream of celery soup, sour cream, shredded cheese (cheddar, co-jack, whatever), and some taco seasoning, slap a spoonful between a couple tortillas, and heat in a dry frying pan til it's hot & melty. One time I made more filling than I had tortillas, so I made "grilled cheese" with the rest - they loved that even more with their tomato soup!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• chicken enchilada's, chicken taco ring, bbq chicken pizza made on biscuits, or tortilla soup.
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 5:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I mix a can of chicken and BBQ sauce together to make BBQ chicken sandwiches. If you don't have BBQ sauce on hand you could make your own with some stuff around the house like ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, etc. Just look up some BBQ sauce recipes. :)

vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I use it to make quick chicken salad. I just chop up some onion, celery and hard boiled eggs...add a little mayo. They think it's 'cool" if I make 'sailboats. Essentially a hot dog bun filled with tuna or chicken salad, cut a slice of yellow cheese kitty corner and stick the 'sail in the filling.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My kids love chicken patties (or tuna, crab, ham...). You take the meat and mix it with things like leftover mashed potatoes, sauteed chopped onions and peppers, garlic, salt and pepper and an egg (and anything that might taste good or just find a crab cake recipe and substitute). Make into palm sized patties about 1/2- 3/4 inches thick and pan fry until golden brown and crunchy on the outside.
    reelo

Answer by reelo at 6:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i used to make homemade chicken pot pie using canned chicken. if you would like it (super easy to make and my kids love it) just message me and i can type it up for you :)
    sweetpeatexas21

Answer by sweetpeatexas21 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• thanks for all the great ideas!
    CAGirl4

Comment by CAGirl4 (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2010