I need child support help....

I am leaving the father of my child.... he is mentally/emotionally abusive and in the past has been physically abusive....we are not married.... I live in WA and here you have to send in a paternity affidavit (sp) Anyways he hid it from me..... so I am wondering can I get child support if he isn't on the birth certificate?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes but you have to have paternity established to do so. You're going to need the paternity affadavit or get a new one when you take him to court.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No, you need proof of paternity. Are you planning on going through the state for child support? If so, see if they will pay for the paternity test. Good luck!

vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You are going to have to ask that question of the family support court. And you can get a court ordered paternity test. If he refuses, he's in contempt and goes to jail. Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes, file and the court will order a paternity test

Answer by admckenzie at 7:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yes
    honey27

Answer by honey27 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2010