Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need child support help....

I am leaving the father of my child.... he is mentally/emotionally abusive and in the past has been physically abusive....we are not married.... I live in WA and here you have to send in a paternity affidavit (sp) Anyways he hid it from me..... so I am wondering can I get child support if he isn't on the birth certificate?

Answer Question

Asked by June_Mama09 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Relationships

Level 26 (26,054 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Yes but you have to have paternity established to do so. You're going to need the paternity affadavit or get a new one when you take him to court.

    Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

  • No, you need proof of paternity. Are you planning on going through the state for child support? If so, see if they will pay for the paternity test. Good luck!


    Answer by vnw1405 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

  • You are going to have to ask that question of the family support court. And you can get a court ordered paternity test. If he refuses, he's in contempt and goes to jail. Good luck!

    Answer by kjrn79 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

  • Yes, file and the court will order a paternity test

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

  • yes

    Answer by honey27 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.