Trying Find a job

Hey Lady,

i am Trying find a part time job but I feel out App and all but don't seems like anyone is hireing right now what do i do . I want People to know that I'm wanteding a job Feeling good about myself and all. How make them understand I am needed a job???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• Check out our group! We have helped over 200 moms get a job. The pay ranges from $2-14.50/hr http://www.cafemom.com/group/30431/
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 1:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Jobs are hard to come by. You really need to start your search by preparing a Resume. Remember, jobs are scarce, so that means lots of competition. You need to be able to stand out from everyone else. Do you have experience? Do you know how to put together a Resume? What I always recommend is looking at Craigslist. At the bottom they have a section called Resumes. People post their Resume there when looking for a job. You might be able to pick up some valuable ideas from there, including layout, what to list, etc. When you do go out publicly to look for work, make sure you are dressed professionally. A professional looking person always has an instant step up.  When you fill out your application, do it in blue or black pen only.  Make it as complete and clear as possible.  When you return it, always ask for the Manager so they can see you.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I do career and job search coaching. I am always happy to help CafeMoms (and Dads) with resumes, coverletters, job search strategy, interview prep, etc. (I never charge CafeMoms for my services).

There are great tips and resources posted in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 8:40 AM on Jun. 26, 2010