i kissed him :(

Last night I was having drinks with friends, and we decided to go back to a friends house to play Wii. Everyone left, and my 'friend' decided to kiss me. and I kissed him back.

I am married, and happily at that. I don't know what I was thinking. Clearly I wasn't. Should I tell my husband? I know it will never happen again, I will no longer be around him alone.

FYI- this is a group of friends that my husband and I are close to. It would tear my DH up, and I feel so guilty. I am afraid it would make it worse if I told him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Wasn't this just asked, and then deleted?
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 5:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I wouldn't tell him.... just make sure you don't do it again.... even tho you kissed him it's not like you had an affair, I would make sure you always have a female friend around you when your drinking.... GL to you
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yeah what TimandMelly4ever said.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 5:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• if it meant nothing to both of you, and you were drunk, i'd just leave it at that. if you think you can trust this guy. if he's cool, leave it alone. and make sure you never drink alone with him again!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• DO NOT SAY ANYTHING
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 5:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I wouldn't keep that from my husband, but I respect him enough to not do it in the first place. Not bashing you, just saying...
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Clear your mind and tell him. If you are really close to this person the truth will probably come out anyways.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 5:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• That is one of the many reasons why I do not drink because you almost always end up saying or doing something you wouldn't if you had been sober.......Anyway, I may be in the minority but I think you should respect your husband enough to come clean. Be completely honest, hold nothing back. Commit that you will no longer put yourself in a situation where something inappropriate could happen. This probably means you shouldn't drink without him being present. Don't fool yourself into thinking you are doing him some kind of favor by not telling him because you are certain it will never happen again. Would you want him to do that to you? Trust me, everything eventually comes out into the open and it's much better that he hear from you, right after it happened, vs someone else down the line. Confess, ask for forgiveness, deal with the consequences and move on. FYI: If it makes you feel better, I speak from guilty experience.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 5:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• As far as indescretions go it's fairly harmless because it didn't go any farther than the kiss. This happened within a circle of close friends..people are going to find out sooner or later. Your guilt is going to eat you up. Go to your husband and tell him what happened. He is going to be upset...but he'll be a lot more upset if he hears it some other way. If he hears it from someone else you will never be able to convince him you didn't have sex.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• TELL HIM!!!! It will come out eventually, these things always do, and he will be more upset that you hid it from him than he will be if you just tell him what happened. I know this from experience.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2010