What do you think about medical marijuana being prescribed for children?

What if a child has cancer and this is the only thing that would get them to eat to keep up their strength for Chemo?

LancesMom

Asked by LancesMom at 5:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I feel that whatever provides relief is fine! Whether it is a kid or an adult. Really a lot of all the legal drugs are no safer. They are all drugs legal or not so I don't see any difference.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 5:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I am for marijuana for medical use and I am currently watching two family members (one is a child) go through chemo and what it is doing to them. if it would help, i would be for it.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If a child is sick with cancer, there is nothing wrong with medical use of marijuana for relief. Ia m sure its a lot safer than the drugs that are given.
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 5:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• There are reasons why certain drugs are legal and others are not. There is a big difference between prescribed meds and pot. For one thing they don't fry your lungs when you use them. I know that nothing anybody says will ever change your mind so why dont we just legalize everything under the sun and let all the losers on this planet smoke themselves into a stupor and spend every day shooting up whatever they want. Especially since "all drugs are the same" anyway. Then when the planet is populated with nothing but worthless drugged out bums we can laugh outselves stupid as the entire human race slowly dies out. Can you people please stop pretending we don't have medicines that can help people with nasea and pain? I have two brothers who have been smoking "medical marijuanna" for years now and both of them live in my moms basement and haven't worked in a long time. Is this the future of humanity? I hope not.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 5:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Pot can be baked into stuff. I think it's okay for a kid if NEEDED.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 6:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I would rather that than all the horrible anti-depressants/anxieties/pyschotics prescribed for children that are not meant for a developing body. Marijuana has so many medical benefits & I would absolutely give it to my child to help him/her go through chemotherapy.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2010