does your child have to go to summer school??

My 17 year old daughter is behind in some credits. Since the budget cut, her school and many other school are not offering summer school. Fortuntally, I learned of a Charter summer school "free" program I signed my daughter up in. I am so thankful

mommiedear

Asked by mommiedear at 5:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Not this summer but many kids take chem over the summer because it is a hard class and this way they can focus 100% on just that class. I think she will try to do that between sophomore and jr year. I think you have to pay to do that... but it is worth the money if it keeps her gpa up.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We have to pay $238 per class here in Virginia, but I'm lucky my son and nieces did well during the school year.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes, he was mandated because he flunked 8th grade Algebra. He is in a "Jump Start" program for entering 9th graders. He gets .5 credit towards the 23 he needs for high school graduation. Because he was mandated, I didn't have to pay...otherwise it would have been $20.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• not this year but i think he will have to go to summer school next year though so he can pass the 8th.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2010