What is your opinion about actors or actresses who run for a position in politics?

What celebrity would you elect for a Governor or President? Or none? Why?

LancesMom

Asked by LancesMom at 6:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Isn't it all the same? Our politicians are actors too- they say things someone else told them to say while the American public watches and listens. We turn our politicians into celebrities, it's no wierder to turn our celebrities into politicians.

Stephen Colbert for president!!
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't see how they are any less worthy of a vote than half the other people that become politicians. Many of them are more so qualified because they have been working with "politics" of a different kind for some time... There are many that could do a great job, and many others that couldn't... Same goes for the "real" politicians to...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• unless they have been out of the business for a while, or have shown that they stand for the issues that I also believe in, I would not vote for any celebrity or actor. Who WOULD I vote for for Pres? Oh, simple -- Chuck Norris, in a heartbeat! LOL, I already know where he stands! And A-jad and OBL wouldn't DARE mess with Chuck! LOLOL!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 6:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If the actor is qualified for the position i have no problem with them running for office. The problem is most of the actors i hear about aren't qualified. As it stands i wouldn't elect any celebrities.
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 6:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i think being an actor shouldn't be a deciding factor on if i would vote for a person. if they are qualified, they are no matter what their previous or current job is. as of right now, i dont think i would vote for any current celebs but i honestly dont know of too too many. we are in germany and i havnt kept up with that whole scene lately
    sweetpeatexas21

Answer by sweetpeatexas21 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I agree with SolaraDarkset.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 6:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• What is my opinion of them? That they are working some publicity mostly. I have to doubt that many of them really think that they are going to win, but they run anyhow. That leads me to believe that most of them that run do it for the press, not because they want to serve the public. Now there are some that do things for charities and causes they believe in and they are able to accomplish more that way than by serving in public office. Politics always seems to mess things up for some reason. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It would depend on their political stance For most I would say hellllll no.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It would depend 100% on the person.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Depends on the celebrity. Someone like Angelina Jolie or Sean Penn or Bono; maybe even Ivanka Trump etc are already involved in world politics through their philanthropic actions; who are well informed about major issues and able to speak in a thoughtful clear manner would be fine...Someone like Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian who's a celebrity only because they shop all day and look hot doing it; not quite so much.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2010