gggrrr finding a job is hard!

DH has been looking for a job for going on 2 months now, he's applied to over 30 of them and heard from nobody so far! he wants me to stay home with the kids, but after talking it over, we decided i'd start looking to. it doesn't have to be a high paying job, just some kind of income you know? finding one is hard though! i worked in daycare as an assistant while in high school, then became a teacher after i graduated, and did that for 3 1/2 years, until i had my son. that was 4yrs ago, since then i've been a SAHM with my 2 LO's, ds is 3 1/2 and dd is going on 2. after having my own i don't want to work with other kids, but if i have to i will, but i can't find anyone really hiring, and if they are they need people that's went to college.
i'm looking into stores now, i'm wondering what's needed as in experience? will they teach me? how does it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• Im in same boat sortve... going through a divorce but he lost his job in process and I havent worked in yrs due to raising a family. I have applied to over 50 and nothing! Its so frustrating since I cannot move out and move on until I get a job! Jobs are also needed for alimony and child support .... Im sure you all get the picture! Driving me crazy! LOL
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I so agree with you. I have applied to alot of jobs too. I even been on some interviews and I still don't have a job. This ha never happened to me before, usually when I interview for a job I get it but so far nothing has been offered and I get the run around when I follow up. I really need a job and as much a i hate the idea its look like I will be working at mcdonald's until something better come along.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Would you like to about answer questions about subjects that interest you I can provide you some information on that.
    Guides, Expeditors earn $0.02 and Transcribers $0.03 per completed task. Generalists & Specialists earn between $0.10 $ $0.20 per completed task, based on the Category of the question. *This is not designed to be a primary revenue source.* If interested inbox me and I will provide the link needed to get started.
    I have been doing this on the side and for fun since 2007 and it doesn't cost anything but as stated you may not get rich but you can make some side change and it really is legitimate.

malleyboo

Answer by malleyboo at 6:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• And another lead:

A contractor out of Southhaven , MS is looking for people to hire to work on the oil spill on the Gulf Coast. The jobs pay $1,000 per week, plus lodging while away from home; and transportation to the Coast. Must work at least 30 days, off 1 week; work expected to continue for at least 2 years. Drug test is required (via blood draw).

If you know anyone interested, please have them call Mr. Nickson at 662-541-0374.

Office of Congressman Bennie G. Thompson
    Mississippi Second Congressional District
    P.O. Box 610
    Bolton , MS 39041
    R. W. Karl J. Reid #179
    Group Moderator
    malleyboo

Answer by malleyboo at 6:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Oh my I understand your fustration, I know what it feels like to be a SAHM and try to go back into the JOB feild. Wheww I have been a SAHM for about 7yrs and with this econmy my husband pay was cut into half. Well to make ends meet I went on a Job serch, which was the last thing any of us wanted. It tured out to be the hardest serch ever, so I started to look into other thing like work from home. That seemed even worse until about a yr in a half ago I started a homebased business. Now I am bringing in some extra money and not giving up on being a SAHM.

Hope that helps look into something like that alot of companies out there are downsizing and hiring people to work from home. While paying them a hourly wage. places like 1-800flowers, 1800contacts,Jcrew and other places the only catch is so many people are looking into the same thing so the wating periods are crazy. Thats why I chose the Home based busniess
    P.johnson

Answer by P.johnson at 8:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Honestly in this economy, college degrees do not matter, its all about experience. I work in HR and get hundreds of resumes a day to filter through. Have your husband try a staffing agency. Great thing about a staffing agency is they know of a lot of jobs that are are not listed and can place him in one.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Check out our group! We have helped over 200 moms get a job. The pay ranges from $2-14.50/hr http://www.cafemom.com/group/30431/
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 1:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I do career and job search coaching. I am always happy to help CafeMoms (and Dads) with resumes, coverletters, job search strategy, interview prep, etc. (I never charge CafeMoms for my services).

There are great tips and resources posted in teh CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 8:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2010