What is the sweetest or saddest thing your child has said so far?

We have a tree in the front yard and occassionally we find a dead bird in the yard. This happened recently. My son saw it and asked if the bird died. I said yes, it did. He said, "poor bird, her babies are going to miss her." It was so sweet and sad all at the same time.

wildflowers25

Asked by wildflowers25 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, my son has only said 5 words so far (he's 9 months, lol), but the sweetest was on the day before Mother's Day when he reached his arms out to me and said Mama for the first time. I got tears in my eyes instantly. It was the greatest sound I'd ever heard, right up there with his cry and first laugh. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Well my oldest (5 years old) tells me he wants to marry me when he grows up and he keeps telling me I am beautiful. My youngest (3 years old) keeps telling me he loves me all day long and that he wants to watch Jib Jabs, which are e-cards on line.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 6:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• she wants a new daddy.....she can't wait to die so she can be an angel she is 4 she said both of them things today
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• my dd (who is 4) told me today that i can't have another baby bc she doesn't want to get rid of her little brother (he is almost 2). lol she thinks that you can't have two "babies" at the same time. :) love the love between them
    sweetpeatexas21

Answer by sweetpeatexas21 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• "you have all the answers" (he didn't beleive it for long, but it was great when he said it!)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• she hates me
    yummy_mommy89

Answer by yummy_mommy89 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My husband and I had a child placed with us a month ago, today she told me "I love you" for the first time :)
    ladykyr

Answer by ladykyr at 9:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• it always makes me so sad when my boys come to me crying saying they miss their daddy (bc he works constantly).
    but it always makes me so happy when we are out somewhere and one of them comes over to me and says mommy i love you. and my 5yo told me the other day that he loves me a whole lot lot lot lot lot lot and i'll be his mommy forever. i love them so much
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• as I fired up the hair clippers his 3 1/2 year old eyes filled with tears and his lip quivered, he covered his mouth and said "but i don't want to die" and as i proceeded with his haircut he screamed bloody murder and held his hands out and screamed "i want my daddy i want my daddy i don't want to die" it was pitiful and funny all at the same time
    Elizabeth1015

Answer by Elizabeth1015 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• The day DH left my 3yr old said dont worry bout daddy mommy i'll take care of you
    heatherfoutch

Answer by heatherfoutch at 10:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2010