Do you know which lizards are bad to touch when you have a baby?

I know Iguana's carry saminila (however that is spelled), but is there others that can carry that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pets

• That's a new one I haven't heard of. You should be fine as long as you wash your hands after touching any type, but that isn't just during pregnancy that is anytime you touch one.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• All reptiles carry saminlla, I'm pretty sure. I agree with mrsbean08, it's anytime you touch reptiles not just when your pregnant.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It is all reptiles that can possibly carry salminela (sp?) All you need to do is be sure to wash your hands after handling them and you are fine. I have had snakes, turtles, and lizards at different times my whole life and never had a problem.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 6:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• any reptile carries it, turtles and lizards especially. I have a friend who actually got salmonella so bad from handling lizards that she was in the hospital for a week and almost didn't make it....not worth handling while you are pregnant, when you are not pregnant you should still handle them with respect and WASH your hands EVERY time you touch them
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 8:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2010