Would you ever talk to your mom again....

if she called children services on you for unjustly. Reasons: We live in an old farm house with a dirt floor basement it's wet alot. We have it treated for mold every 4 mos. (which is recommended) We don't use the basement for anything. She thinks the mold is unsafe. We are preventing Also the report it stated that we eat out often because we never have food (false) our house is a fire hazard b/c it's a disaster (false) it's messy and there are toys overflowing out of their bedroom but not a fire hazard. It said that when I am at work my DH does not feed the kids. Well he feeds them just a lot of junk, and unhealthy crap.If they want beefjerky and cookies all day on Sats when I'm at work that is what they eat. The social worker came out unannounced due to the report and said that she saw nothing wrong. But I feel betrayed by my own mother. She went way overboard and lied. She says God told her to call. Would you speak to her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Curious how you are sure it was your mom. They are not allowed to release who called. IF toys are overflowing out of the rooms then it is a hazard both fire and safety. I am not saying it is right but sounbds like your mom may have something mental if she says God told her to. JMO though.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 6:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I know it hurt you. And I don't know your mom, I can't understand as a mother and a grandmother what she would do this. But my mom died young and even though she did things that hurt me and I didn't understand. I would give anything to have her back. None of us can make this decision for you. But if you can forgive, I am sure God will bless you for it.
    TwinkleC

Answer by TwinkleC at 6:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Sorry, I wouldn't talk to her. You don't need someone in your life that causes that much trouble even if she's your mother.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I would pray for her if I were you. Something is not right in her head, if she is willing to have her grandchildren taken away from the only home they know for nothing.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 6:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i dont think i could...at least not for a loooooong time...my mom threatened to call on me once because my 4 month old would not stop crying!! i fed her, changed, her bathed, her, cuddled her, gave her a soother, gave her gripe water, NOTHING worked!! so i put he rin her crib, (thinking maybe she just wanted alone time, and to go to sleep, she was a good sleeper) but all sh did was cry, and i let her cry for about 10 minutes, and she yelled at me and threatend me...i was pisssssssed!!!! i will never forget that day..i grabbed my daughter, left the house and drove with my friend to stay outta town (5hrs away) for 4 days. (single mom, lived with my parents) and ya when i came back home, i didnt talk to her, for another 2 months, didnt let her hold my daughter, nothing!! but if she actually did call!!!! i woudnt of talked to her for loooooooong, and i woulda been outta there!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• hell no i wouldn't!
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Come on ladies, you would stop speaking to your own mother bc you SUSPECT mom called to make sure the kids were in a safe home and being cared for? Remember we don't know all the details. Heck yeah I'd talk to her. I'd tell her that if I am doing things wrong then come help me do it right.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I wouldn't cut off communication, but I would let her know how I felt.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I wouldn't speak to her again. A mother is supposed to be there for you. Family should be the most important thing. Why didn't she hire you a cleaning lady if she thought your house needed cleaned or bring food when you are at work? I think there are better things she could have done to try to help. Just pray for her. She sounds like she needs it.
    CLewis1226

Answer by CLewis1226 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You only get one mom... let her know how you feel but she is your mom. I know that you are hurt but she had the best interest of your children in mind. Talk to her and tell her there are better ways for her to help if she feel that strong about the situation. She can come over during lunch time and teach your husband how to give the kids healthier lunch options, or he can help clean up the toys. Older ppl don't realize how hard it is for working mothers. We don't have all the time in the world to iron, cook, clean, and do all the stuff they did when they were our age. Times have changed. There is no such thing as the "leave it to beaver" family.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2010