do you think there's anything real to the thought the full moon makes people act weird(er)?

i've often had cop-friends tell me they hate/love working on full-moon nights because of this. think its all in our heads, or what?

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 6:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've worked in hospitals and clinics for over 15 years and I can tell you that my experience says it's true. I think the best (and most frustrating) job I had was in the ER at a hospital with a large psych floor. Psych was always full during full moon nights.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Of course there is. The moon affects people because it affects the gravity here on earth. A full moon creates the largest change in gravity and therefore affects us most. It's nothing mystical or magical... It's all scientific... But it is 100% for real!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• The moon affects gravity, that affects ocean currents. Animals will also act differently during the full moon. Why wouldn't it also affect humans?
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 6:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Oh yes. The moon has an effect on lots of things, the ocean's tide, crime, labor and delivery, accidents (my MIL used to be a CNM and now is a BC Lactation Consultant, she can attest to it also!) My mom worked in an ER and can attest to the number of accidents as well.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 6:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yes. there is much documentation regarding the changes in all sorts of animal behavior patterns based on both the sun and the moon. the moon can move large bodies of water and stretch the earth - you think that doesn't have an effect on you??
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I know it does, I use to work retail and without fail when there was a full moon, we would have the strangest people come in. Seriously!!!! Really really strange.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 8:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Full moons effect the gravitational pull on earth whichhas an effect on the polarity of the brain.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Nope, I think it's all a myth and that it started in B movie horror films in the 50's and it made it more scary and interesting.
    malleyboo

Answer by malleyboo at 6:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I think there might be something to this. My son always seems to go into meltdown mode alot easier when a full moon is due.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I believe it.
    Always remember the freaks come out at night... especially if its a full moon.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2010