question about bigger people and tucking in the shirt..

how do you feel when you walk into a store and a bigger person has their shirt tucked in?? i ask this because i am a bigger person, and i hate having my shirt tucked in, and yet at work i HAVE to (although i never do) i get the fact that it looks more "professional", but really....it looks soooo bad when bigger ppl have their shirt tucked in!! like whenever i go into petsmart, they always wear these ugly khaki pants with a polo shirt TUCKED IN!! and theres a really big girl that works there, and it just looks sooo bad!!! as a customer, i would appreciate NOT seeing that on someone...how does it make you feel? (looks fine on skinny ppl...but not big)

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'll share something with you that I realized during a light bulb moment. We women walk around all of our lives thinking every person around us at any given time or place is looking at us. Think about when YOU are out shopping or doing whatever you do that requires being in public. Do YOU look at everyone around you? I mean really LOOK, not just almost subconsciously notice. Do you register what they are wearing and how they are wearing it? I bet not. I know I don't. Sure there's the odd person who may catch your attention for whatever reason but that's like one in how many?

In my opinion your belief that how you are dressed might bother people you don't even know is related to your self esteem. Everyone has insecurities but this shouldn't be one of them.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Honestly, I'm too busy doing my own thing to worry or probably even notice. I don't really think anything. If anyone is looking at you and letting it bother them that you have your shirt tucked in, they're the one with the problem. Not to mention, if an overweight person having their shirt tucked in is the worst that happened to them that day..they must have either a very easy or a very boring life, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• but as a bigger person, its also, at least for me, very embarrasing to have to walk around with your shirt tucked in, and having ppl see your big bulge...
    alexis_06

Comment by alexis_06 (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I'm a bigger girl and I don't tuck my shirts, I have to agree, it just doesn't look nice to me. Not that wearing my shirt out hides the fact that I'm overweight, but it does give a better line.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't really pay attention, I guess. I'm on the thin side and I have to wear my shirt tucked in for work and I hate it. I never wear a shirt tucked in unless it's for work.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 7:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• to me its none of your business how people dress so what if they are big they like to look professional too why should that bother you?? Now a bikini no but nor would I be talking smack about them cuz as you said you're big too you don't have room to talk. it should not bother you especially if you're not the one wearing the particular item in a particular way.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i am the one wearing it tucked in at work..well, im supposed to..thats why it bothers me!!!!!!
    alexis_06

Comment by alexis_06 (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• 1. Seeing it on someone else- bigger people- makes me think they look neat & clean.. You just look more put together.. There is something nice about having tucked in clothes.
    2. Im overweight.. I dont like to tuck in my shirt either, I think I would break down & cry if i really had to tuck in my shirt in public. I know it sounds shallow but it is the truth.. Im very self-conscience! And always afriad to bring attention to myself..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2010