What would you do if you had to live off of $700 w/husband and 3 kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• is that a week... 2 weeks.. a month?
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• How long we talking?
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• id get a job or another one.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• $700/month? With 3 children & husband I just don't see that possible. If I had no family to help (to temporarily live with while I got on my feet) I would seek for some type of PA, that is what is there for, for families that need it.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Apply for food stamps, WIC, subsidized daycare while I was at work, and ask if I can move in with a family member for a preset amount of rent.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Find employment as soon as possible .......if at all possible...

It would be impossible for my family to live off of that. That amount wouldn't even cover our rent.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Per month

believejohn316

Answer by believejohn316 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Have you thought about maybe finding a part time job working the hours when you husband is home, so you won't have to pay childcare I worked for ten years on the night shift so I could help out. Have you checked in to food stamps.
    https://www.angelfoodministries.com/ check out this site see if they are in your area. It will save you money on food
    TwinkleC

Answer by TwinkleC at 6:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• about angel food With a heart to help others and a generous spirit, Joe and Linda Wingo founded Angel Food Ministries in 1994 to provide food for friends and neighbors who were struggling financially. Today the Angel Food program now is helping provide food relief to more than 500,000 families each month.

More

Find Your Closest Local Host Site

TwinkleC

Answer by TwinkleC at 6:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Ladies, I really enjoy your responses... I was just curious because I was at work earlier taking a call from a women in this same position.... It really made me reflect on how much I might complain about where I am not in life, but there is always someone else who is doing much worse than you! So I am very thankful for where I am in life with a smile =)
    believejohn316

Answer by believejohn316 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2010