Why do my fellow "Big Girls" insist on wearing two piece bikini's? Or EXTREMELY tight clothes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• idk.. im not skinny but i dont consider myself fat either. I do dress for my body type so I wont look like an idiot. Skiny jeans dont make you skinny and leggings arent pants.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• same reason skinny girls wear huge baggy clothing...no fashion sense or real awareness of what looks good on their body.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I dont' know! Im small and a normal weight, but after 2 kids...things just dont' look the same, and I dont' want to scare people and look like a dork!
    There are very few people in which skinny jeans look good on. The people who are too skinny look like skeletons, and the heavier people just look heavier than they are. I guess they might think they arnt' as big as they are.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I think it is cause for some it helps make them feel skinnier, for others they are really truly confused about their size. Before I had my son I would look in the mirror and thought that I was huge and so I bought bigger sizes. Now that I actually am the size I thought I was I am wearing the right size but I look at old pictures and think "damn I was a twig why did I wear such big clothes". I think it is the other way around for some people.
    I know one person who dresses at least 2 sizes too small but whenever she asks people how she looks they are worried about hurting her feelings (she is a very sensitive person) and so they tell her she looks great and so she is led to believe she does.
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 6:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I think it's because it's difficult to find trendy clothes in large sizes. They have ugly prints and horrible cuts. And with my body type the low waist pants look horrible and cause everything to overflow around the top. As far as the two piece, they probably want sun all over, just like the thin girls.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I consider myself "Juicy"..lol I WILL NOT wear what is described above! I do see this happen everywhere... Even at work! There are several places out there that do cater to us.

www.lanebryant.com

www.avenue.com

www.fashionbug.com

All three of these places have an AWESOME selection of cute clothes... And they all have really good coupon savers....
    believejohn316

Answer by believejohn316 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2010