Can you keep up?

The other day I was doing some exercises with my DVD and man I could not keep up I am so uncordinated it was very discouraging for me they were doing these side to side jumping I could not do it I remember I used to jump and run.
Can you please help me give me some encouraging words or recommend me something more my style or pace... Lol Thanks Ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• just keep trying, pause the video if you need to
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I know how you feel, sometimes you start a new dvd and you are completely lost with how some of the trainers jump right in without showing you the moves. Personally my favorite DVD's are Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds, basic moves like walking in place, side steps, knee lifts and kicks, but it works, I lost 50 pounds in 5 months with her videos!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I think the best way to get it is to keep at it really. I did Turbo Jam and at first I was so lost, but after a few sessions I was able to somewhat keep up, have fun with it your own way and work out at your own pace until you are comfortable!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Just do it at your own pace, I can now (after two months) keep up with my video, but I still die before the whole 45min is over. GOOD JOB!!!
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 6:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You just have to keep at it. I can almost always keep up with any workout. However, about 6 years ago I purchased this set of Claudia Schiffer workout tapes thinking, "She's a model, how tough can these be?", and OMG, they were the toughest videos I've ever done! I was in PAIN by the time I was done. The first handful of times I couldn't finish, but after a while I could do every exercise, every time. It's a great way to realize that you've made progress, and they WORKED because I kept at it. Hang in there...if it were easy, it wouldn't be doing it's job. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I want to add...if you're uncomfortable with the moves, do NOT do them around your husband, lol! I did this recently and couldn't get the moves down (which looked totally goofy anyways), and he was cracking up, lol. I felt so stupid and was laughing myself, which made the moves even harder to get down. I eventually turned it off and waited for a time when he wasn't home, lol. Then again, maybe your husband isn't as big of a clown as mine is. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I am sometimes like that too.. Im sure my body is ok with jumping but being overweight it freaks me out.. I dont want to blow out my knees! So when they jump side to side I side step really wide & get down low to work those muscles.. When they do jumping jacks I move my arms like them but kinda "ski" back and forth with my legs... Just do the best to your limit.. Push yourself, but not soo much you wont want to do it tomorrow..
    Walk away the pounds is good.. and dancing can be fun too.. I love yoga but I usually get so dang frustrated cause the positions are not face forward alot so Im breaking my dang neck to look a the the trainer, IDK what the swan, open eagle, ridin' the pony is?! hehe..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I don't think anyone is supposed to be able to keep up straight away. On some of the videos they even say do it at your own pace, so go at your own pace and eventually you will pick up some coordination! I know that the videos I have tried have left me all over the place at first but the more you do it the better you get.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Go at your own pace and if need be pause the video. I have even rewind it and started it again. You will get the hang of it. But most important DON"T UP!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    dana63

Answer by dana63 at 10:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I don't do well with coreographed exercise. Look for beginner type workouts, the more you do it, the easier it will get! If you join a gym, do a spin class...they're a great workout and not hard to follow
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 5:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2010