I have bad breath!

I am 35 weeks pregnant and I have bad breath. I take excelent care of my teeth and gums. It seems to be coming from my tonsils or the mucus coming from behind them. Has anyone ever had this experience during late pregnancy?

karina400

Asked by karina400 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I use a tongue cleaner. It looks a little like a shoe horn, plastic and shaped like your tongue. I got it at WalMart for $3, I think it was. I have a problem with dairy making a film on my tongue that brushing and mouth wash will not take care of. The tongue cleaner works great.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 6:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Thanks! But why did it just start? I really thought it must be pregnancy related. No one else has expericenced this only during late pregnancy?
    karina400

Comment by karina400 (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• IDK but when I was pregnant with my last baby, everytime I would wear deodorant, I smelled like BO!! If I didn't wear it, no smell. It was weird and gross but I am convinced that anything is possible in pregnancy! At your next appointment, have your doctor check it out just to be sure you don't have an infection of some sort. Otherwise, I'm betting it will clear up after you deliver!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• So I found out that I have a sinus infection that I didn't even know about. No wonder I have felt sick for so long and had horrible breath.
    karina400

Comment by karina400 (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2010