Overwhelmed...

It seems right now that I have so much going on that I can't think straight. I was wondering how all you together moms manage! (Ex:therapy for my son with autism, pending surgery for my 2 yo and just managing my dh's 10 yo sister-we have temp custody. Not to mention my own health problems caused mostly by stress). I know everyone has their stuff going on, and I usually roll with the punches pretty well! But right now I feel like a bad mom because I keep dropping the ball!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Breathe!!! Try to keep your stress level low, go get your nails done or go window shopping, grab a cup of coffee. I try to get atleast a hour every couple of days to myself, selfish maybe for some but I need mommy time to figure stuff out. Wake up before the kids do and just read the paper. Try to have a family night with no tv at least once a month, spend time with your hubby. If your stressed he probably is too, find a babysitter and go on a date (when's the last time that happened?) It doesnt even have to be expensive, just go on a walk together.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 6:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• all moms need rest...remeber while your in the midst of taking care of everybody else....you also need to take care of your self....hug for ya momma...
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 6:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I'm sorry you have so much going on, really I don't have any advice to make things better other than for you to try to get some time to yourself. Maybe you could get someone to baby sit while you go out with DH. If you can't do that have DH watch the kids while you have some YOU time. Good luck Momma. This to will pass.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It is ok to drop the ball once in a while this is what makes us human, you will be ok. Hugs!

Answer by older at 6:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You're not alone. We all have those kinds of days. In the evening, after the kids go to bed, do something for yourself. Make a cup of tea or flavored coffee, grab a book and enjoy the quiet. Its hard to find around here too. Hang in there!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• ((((hugs)))) we all have our days.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2010