Do you bribe your kids?

I found myself bribing my DS with money this morning to read a book. I was starting to feel like it was too easy (he went for the deal really quick and I was only offering $0.75) so I added a stipulation that I got to give him a test on what he read afterwards and before he got the money. I was surprised, but he retained quite a bit of what he read.
So, have you used bribery and if so, what were you bribing them to do and what did they get out of the deal?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 6:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• absoutely I do!!
    CLewis1226

Answer by CLewis1226 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No, I tend to do the "if you want this, you have to do this" kind of thing though... But not with anything extra, usually just with what ever they are asking for (drink, game, tv)

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yeah sometimes my child don't wanna ride with me to the store she wants to stay with her g-ma but i told her your going either way but if you cry you don't get a anything but if you go to the car without crying you can have a candy
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes I have to bribe my son to get in the shower. It's a fight every time.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Nope! I haven't felt the need to bribe yet. It will possibly be in the future.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2010