Does your husband or s/o do your child's hair?

I had him take out my daughter's ponytails and he had her crying. Not hurting her but he made her lay across his lap so he could do it. My son is 2 and although dh doesn't help do their hair, he doesn't want is hair cut yet. So on average it's 30-60 minutes for my son. Plus my daughter has thick, long hair, so an hour plus for her. Not including if I wash their hair.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We have boys... But my youngest has long thick curly hair and it needs to be combed through while in the tub (and loaded with conditioner) or it causes way to much damage... And my DH gives them their bath, so he does that... No issues...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We have two boys. I cut their hair and keep it short and neat. My husband will comb their hair when they get out of the shower, but that's all they need. My husband cuts my hair.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I do my DD hair. But When I had my DS my DH had to do it for a couple days and he would send her to daycare with 2 messy puff balls on top of her head. The teachers would comb her hair when she got to daycare.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My LO is only getting barrettes at this point. Can't really do much with her baby fine hair, and he does put those in.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My DD actually prefers her daddy to do it. Our DS likes his short enough that it doesn't even need combed. Now DH doesn't make it as "pretty" as mom, but she says he combs it nicer.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My husband does the girls' hair and the boys' is high and tight.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• 1. No i dont let Dh do her hair.. Today I ask him to help dress her (in a hurry no time for her to take her time doing it) and he put her shorts on backwards-it had a built in belt & he thought 'oh it must be a bow'.. REALLY! ON HER BUTT did it not click!? lol..
    2. My dd is 3 & she has SUPER long hair -- touches her butt.. DH & other family members dont want me to cut it either.. But I never spend alot of time on her hair.. It gets up up in a pony tail, or gets braided (no french-IDK how).. Now that its summer i seem to braid it all the time cause it cuts down on knots & keeps her cool...
    3. If I spent over 30min a day on a kids hair I would chop it! I dont even spent that on my own hair! But we dont get fancy with our hair either.. lol.. Wish I had the 'skills though.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Mine will do my LO hair if he has to. Otherwise he will leave it for me or if I am not here he will call my DD to come and do it for him.
    dana63

Answer by dana63 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes. My husband is actually the one that taught my son how to do his hair.. lol.

My husband and son are both Sikh. So my husband taught my son how to care for his long/thick/curly hair, how to put it up correctly, and of course how to wrap his turban correctly.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2010