For Mom's of large families-

I am the oldest of a large family, and am married with a DD (5 months) of my own. Do any of you moms of large families have children who went on to have one or two of their own, or no children at all? I am curious to know if all of your children LOVE the large family dynamic or if any of them (like me) grew up wanting fewer/no children, and as adults how do they feel about their family life growing up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• My mom was one of 11 kids and my aunts and uncles all have various sized families. The biggest was 6 (with 2 adopted that belonged to one of my other aunts, leaving her to raise just 1 kid). The younger kids in the family, including my mom, only had 1-3 kids. Most of my cousins only have 2-3 kids.
    I have one of the largest families with 5 kids.
    I'm not sure if the size of my mom's family had anything to do with the number of kids each of her siblings had. For my parents it was about economics (they felt they could only afford 2).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My Mom and dad have 14 kids I am the oldest the youngest is 5 days older then my oldest daughter.. I have 3 kids of my own and no I am not having anymore kids.Hubbys snipped and I am on depo and got the essure. so no I dont want that big of a family
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 7:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My mom is one of nine kids. She NEVER wanted a big family. I have a brother who was stillborn 2 years before I was born, and thanks to my half-brothers drug addicted mother, I wasn't able to grow up with him, so I was, essentially an only child. My mom has the LEAST amount of kids compared to her siblings. They all have 3 or more. However, because I was an only child, and I love my big crazy family, i've always wanted a big family of my own. My mom will be a grandma for the fourth time in October.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2010