Whats age appropriate for a 1 year old during the summer?

I am a full time mommy with a full time job. What can I do with my kid this summer that we can both have fun, we have been to the park but he doesnt really like doing anything but screaming an running in the barkdust. I love going there with him, but need something else because the bigger kids dont understand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mine like to go for picnics! Or just let your 1 year old play in the dirt/ sand with utensils and cookie cutters. Kiddy pool with the crayola bath paint.
    i have a 1 and 3 year old, Also side walk chalk is fun. We go to the tennis courts, and draw I just bought some black board paint Im painting a large board in the yard for outside chalk time. (we dont have concrete anywhere in our house). Hope some of these are helpful
    1nglmom3

Answer by 1nglmom3 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My 2 year old loves the splash pads and fountains and he loved them last summer too.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 7:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I'd like to know too. I have a 3 and 1 year old and they both end up filthy everything I take them to the park. Do you have a zoo close by? Mine like that.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 7:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Park and pool, that's our thing
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 8:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We go to the pool a lot. And walks - DS loves to go for a walk!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2010