I miss my boyfriend

He just got a new job as a supervisor and I see him even less now. This sucks. How do others of you feel about not being able to see your guy very often? If you can't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• well my situation is a little different my SO works overnight and i hate sleeping alone we sleep at different times i miss cuddling with him
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 7:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I learned to deal with it. I joined classes and went out with girlfriends.

Answer by Bmat at 7:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You learn to adjust and it makes that time that you get with each other that much more special.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You learn to adjust. For nearly 14 years my dh and I either worked opposite shifts or he worked long hours and I never saw him. Now he's working from home and it was hard to adjust to seeing him so much. He actually gets on my nerves a lot more now. Of course, the kids kept me busy, so I never had time to miss him when he wasn't around.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• make something special for him, for when he going to be home. Make a special dinner, or plan a date night at home or go out. If you have kids together (or not , dont know how close he is with your kids) snap pics of them during the day doing different things during the day over the course of a few days, or weeks then have them help you make him a scrap book. OR you could make a grown scrap book for him with just you. (i did this once but i left the pics on the memory card in the camera and left it in the spare room where he was sleep because he was working graves). He loved it! Definately helped get him to the weekend! Good luck!
    1nglmom3

Answer by 1nglmom3 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I know what you mean it is hard. My DH works graveyard and he is gone all night and sleeps all day. It is very hard to sleep alone at night and we don't get to spend the quality time together that we used to.

I try to find something I like to keep my mind occupied like reading or playing with my 1yr old. I also watch movies at night so I stay awake long enough to talk to him on his breaks. It helps some. I'm sorry you are having a hard time with it. It gets slightly more bearable with time.
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 7:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I haven't seen my DF in 5 months. He's stationed in another state. We talk on the phone as much as possible. I stay busy working or spending time with the children. It's hard but I know it won't always be like this so that gets me through. Try to make the time you do have together special. Don't spend it arguing or bickering about how little you see him. Enjoy the time you have.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 7:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Thanks guys. This is the OP:). We don't live together yet, so I get to see him less than I would if we did live together. It really sucks, but I know that he's been looking forward to a higher position for a long time, so I'm learning to accept the fact that we don't get to see each other as often. Like another poster said, it won't be like this for ever, which is what I keep trying to remind myself:).
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I haven't seen my husband in almost 7 months. Be happy, it could be worse.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I'm sorry did I ask this question and forget. My answer. He got a job as a supervisor and I get to see him even less. Totally sucks. Two months and counting.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 9:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2010