What is it with married people hooking up w/co-workers on the under?

believejohn316

Asked by believejohn316 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't know, but it's disgusting. I'm lucky to have a husband who would never do that. Some women say you can never tell if they will or will not cheat, but I KNOW my husband, and he wouldn't do that. He would divorce me first. Hiding things isn't his style.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If you have an open marriage, I don't see an issue with it. But if it's not okay with both spouses it shouldn't be something that ever happens. My DH knows I don't mind him being with other women, but he doesn't feel the same, so we both just stay put. It's just one of those things that should be talked about openly and honestly...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Its probably because those people spend the majority of the day and maybe even see there co-workers more that their spouse but i don't think this justifies it. Its awful. Its wrong.
    kittymom83

Answer by kittymom83 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i have no idea.... years ago i worked at the world headquarters for a certain well-known international vacuum cleaner company and EVERYONE was doing each other there... it was worse than a soap opera. the VP hit on me while i was very pregnant and flirted with me heavily at the xmas party in front of his beautiful wife. since then i am not aware of any other shady coworkers until my last job and there was a couple of people there - both married - very obviously having an affair. disgusting.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Well, I know my husband wouldn't be that stupid.... He watches too much "Snapped" lol..... Plus he knows I will be the next Loraina Bobbitt...lol
    believejohn316

Comment by believejohn316 (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It's actually pretty easy to understand.

Think of it this way.
    Who does a working person spend more time with. Their coworkers usually. They also bond over work. People usually develop friendships with co-workers and it's VERY easy for those friendships to become deeper and something more. Once those friendships become deeper, it's very very easy to slip off into "Relationship" land.

I'm not saying it's justifiable. I'm just saying it's really easy to understand HOW it happens. And how EASY it can happen.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• What kills me the most is you can tell who is and who isn't doing this... The ones that really call themselves being discreet(sp) are soooo very obvious... It's really sad!
    believejohn316

Comment by believejohn316 (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It's because they spend so much time together and they don't fight over every day things (bills, kids, money) so get to know each other on a personal basis. They can vent about homelife and know that the other person would most likely never tell the spouse what got said so it's therapy as well!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• ~~admckenzie~~

Thank you for bringing up a point I forgot about..

When people are bonding with one another at work and developing a relationship (even a friendship). The hassles of daily life are not present. They aren't talking about the bills, the kids, who needs what, who didn't take out the trash, how are we going to pay for Debbie's braces, ect..ect...In the manner that they do when they are with their spouses. When these things are discussed with a co-worker/friend, they are discussed venting, comisserating with one another.. So a bond develops.. Just like bonds develop here on CM when people comisserate and share with one another.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• ...coworkers on the under? LOL.
    I dated a guy at work but we kept it a secret for a long time. But usually you can lose your job by dating a coworker. It is not worth taking a chance,I don't think.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2010