How do you calm down your fussing toddler?

My 2 year almost never cries but for the past 2 hours he has been crying. He's not sick that I know of and even when he is sick he doesn't fuss this much! My mom said give him a bubble bath and a popsicle bc that's what she said she did with me. He cried in the bath. I got in with him and had fun for a few minutes then wanted out. Nothing is working. Playing, TV, even going outside. He is never like this and I'm going crazy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it were my DS i would cuddle and do anything to comfort him (as i am sure you are, duh to me) if nothing worked i would call the Pedi. Godo luck *hugs*.
    PotterMom218

Answer by PotterMom218 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My son is always happy too but when he first got his first ear infection he cried non stop til I took him to the ER and they gave him an antibiotic shot and a pain med shot too. You might want to take him in to a dr or hospital if you are seriously concerned
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Is he teething? My 2yo is cutting her 2 year molars. She has been a total nightmare this week. I think one finally cut because she was an angel today compared to the rest of the week. I hope you get him calmed down soon.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Maybe he doesn't feel good. A stomach ache, or gas?
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Does it look like he is teething? It is easy enough to look in his mouth and see if there could be a tooth trying to push its way through causing him pain. Babies usually don't act their usual selves when this happens. It takes time for the tooth to come through. Only a suggestion though.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Thanks everyone! He finally calmed down. He asked for an orange and ate that. Now he is just chilling out watching nickjr.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 7:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2010