does anyone else get bad head aches from being out when its hot?

it was about 90 out and i took the kids out to play in the kiddie pool and sprinkler, we were only out for an hour, i still got a head ache. everytime i take them out to play when its warm i get these horrible head aches ...i hate it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Heat is a major migraine trigger. Are you sure you aren't getting migraines? I do every single time I get too hot. There are medications you can take to prevent them if it happens a lot if not Excederin Migraine works pretty well. If I know I'll be out a long time I'll take one when I first feel it coming on and it will stop it.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 7:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes! Me and my dad were just talking about this. I feel drained and have a headache after being out in the sun. I totally don't get how people can hang out in the sun all day drinking...omg, I'd be ready to die, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i do too, but its when i come back in the house that i get them...i do wear glasses and they are up to date.Maybe its cause i dont drink much water.
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I do.  The heat really gets to me so I avoid being out when it's hot.  I get heat exhaustion really easy, too so I have to limit my outside time.

Just sitting in my back yard in the sun, reading with a huge glass of ice water, I still got heat exhaustion.  I went to get up and was so dizzy and sick to my stomach I almost fell over.  I had to go inside and sit in the basement and cool off before I could attempt to make it up the stairs to the rest of the house.  And I wasn't even doing anything.  Just sitting there.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I have. Could it be that you have eye strain? Did you wear sunglasses? Did you get dehydrated?

Answer by Bmat at 7:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yes. i get migraines from heat/sun. be careful of sunstroke...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• That happens to me too. Usually means I'm getting dehydrated or I need to put my sunglasses on b/c I'm straining my eyes to see.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 7:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes I do and I find it getting worse as I get older.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2010