Q: For anyone who has had a 4D ultrasound...did you like it? Why, why not?

Just wondering, our local hospital offers a 4d sex determination ultrasound at 16 weeks for 35 dollars. :)

I am very tempted :) lol What do you think?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 7:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i wouldnt do it so early id wait till after 20 weeks. your baby will look alien like and its freaky looking that early. after 26ish weeks they have more fat on them and features are more visable
    yummy_mommy89

Answer by yummy_mommy89 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• $35? Isn't that cheap? My sister wanted to get a 3D one and she said it would cost her $99 somewhere.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 7:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes it is cheap...thats why I am tempted...lol A girlfriend told me and I called to check and she was right :)
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes they are amazing but i agree i would wait longer especially if your paying they will be wonderful pics when you can tell the sex of you baby.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 8:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• 16 weeks is too early. I'd wait. We had one done at the end of the pregnancy. Long story short... Our doc's office only does u/s on Tuesdays and doc thought she was breech so she sent us to an u/s place and they did the 3d thing. It was awesome but, like I said, I was about 39 weeks, and we got to see a very clear pic of her face and we could tell that she looked a lot like my older dd. It was awesome.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 8:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I paid $200 to get mine lol, but I got a package with a video and a bunch of pictures, it is worth it... I was 24 weeks when I got it done and you could see the baby really good. My bf thought it would be creepy and didnt want me to get it, but he looks at her pictures all the time now.
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 8:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We had a 3D/4D at 16 weeks to determine gender (they were 100% correct btw). Our little girl didn't look all alien and scary like. The tech actually commented on how chubby her face was for 16 weeks gestation...but that just might be our baby. I think the 2D ultrasounds depicted more of a skeletal baby than our 3D/4D.

We also had it done with our last DD...it was AMAZING! She really did look like the u/s pictures when she was born. She'd even sleep in some of the same positions as she did during the u/s. We have two DVD's and two picture CD's (we got a 2 visit special for $199) and a TON of printed out photos. Definitely worth the investment.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 26, 2010