Needing Meal Ideas

So I just approached my Husband about making a menu for July, which we've been staring at this piece of paper for a while now. Were both lost. We're tired of the same ol same ol. So I was wondering if any of you wonderful ladies could help us out.
We need new ideas for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. We do eat meat, and we DO NOT do any type of Vegetarian things. (No offense to those who do)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• The first menu idea that comes to mind in association with July 4th is BabyBack Ribs. I have seen many wonderful rubs and glazes that can be put on them to make them taste so delicious. The price on them has been coming down and they're easy enough to eat with your favorite salad, or even barbecued corn. I saw a show where they soaked the husks to keep the corn from drying out and getting burnt on the barbecue.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Do you like onions? I love onion Chicken. You buy a bag of french fried onions and the recipe is on the back. You only need an egg like 1 tablespoon of flour and the french fried onions and chicken. Its so easy but soooo good :) Ill try to think of some other stuff and come back to this question :-)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Pork chops and salsa.

Salt and pepper both sides of chops. Brown on one side then flip. Cover with 1 1/2 cups salsa and simer for 9 minuts and serve over rice.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• This si a recipe for pork chops I made the other night and they were SOOO GOOD!:

http://www.wahm.com/recipes/greek-honey-lemon-pork-chops.html

Here's a site that has A TON of really delicious things. I've tried several recipes from this site and I'm almost always pleased.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/quick-and-easy/index.html
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Breakfast burrittos-scramble eggs with diced peppers and onions, add shredded cheese place on a tortilla wrap and roll up. These can actually be individually wrapped in cling wrap and frozen and then popped into a microwave for about 2 minutes.
    Bean salad
    Pulled pork sandwiches
    Tuna and pasta salad
    Individual fish packets, place fish fillet on a piece of tin foil add a slice of lemon and a few raw veggies such as peppers or asparagus, pinch ends closed and turned up cook in over 400 for about 12-15 minutes serve with brown rice
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Sorry about my first answer! I just reread your question and I realized you weren't looking for a meat recipe. There I go telling you about ribs. When you say no meat are we including chicken/turkey too? There are so many great rubs and glazes for chicken too. Also, we've been experimenting with ground turkey or turkey burgers because we also were tired to eating and cooking the same things. There's also grilled pizza with your choice of toppings too.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• sloppy joes
    waffles (breakfast/ lunch/ dinner....many ways to fix 'em)
    chicken florentine
    pasta primavera
    sweet n sour pork or chicken or chicken or pork fried rice
    paninis (make ours in the George Foreman grill)
    one of my fav sandwiches lately is chicken salad w/ sliced bacon and sliced avocado
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Try starting with a theme: Italian, Asian, Jamacan, Mexican, Soul Food, American dishes, and etc
    Maybe for breakfast you could try cooking your eggs a different way like sunny side up, scrambbled, omlet. Add different veggies to your eggs; red peppers, onions, asparigus, broccoli, tomato, etc. Grits - cheesey, buttery, or with sugar. Pancakes, waffles, parfaits, fruit salad, homemade granola bars, are all good mixes. For lunch you can try finger foods, and for dinner apply the themes.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• check out the site menus4moms. i use that as a base and improvise. i.e. if there is a dessert - i don't make those so i might skip all together or substitute fresh fruit. if i don't want those kind of potatoes, i'll make potatoes i do like. if i don't like the main dish, i'll substitute, etc. i overthink this stuff too much if i do it from scratch (make a menu)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Sloppy joes always go over well in my house. My mom has the best recipe ever... none of that manwich crap. Its easy and delicious. Send me an email if you want the recipe.

Another fun recipe along the same lines as sloppy joes is pizza burgers. Brown ground hamburger meat, add enough pizza sauce to coat, put the bottom of hamburger buns on cookie sheet, add meat to each bun add mozz. cheese and bake until cheese melts. Add the top bun and serve. Easy, tasty, and different.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2010