I have a very strong longing....not really sure why though?!

For the past 3 months I have seriously been wanting another baby!! Is this normal? I love my son and love every minute of raising him so if I was to get pregnant I would be totally happy but is this a normal thing to go through so strongly?! My son is now 18 months old. Just wondering if any other moms have gone through this?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• YES of course, you love your son, my question is WHY wouldnt you want to experience that love even more with another child! :) VERY normal :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I was ready to have another baby when my son was a year. I wanted them to be close in age. My son will be 2 years and 1 month when this one is born. This will be it for us, but I know I'll go through the whole wanting another baby once this next one is older. They grow up way too fast.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• mom2twobabes: I do want to have another one very badly...just didn't know how normal it was to literally want to cry when you find out your not pregnant :( or your heart just melt when you hold another newborn.
    leann74016

Comment by leann74016 (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I completely understand, especially after 18 months of having a baby. The fact is, your baby is in the cute stage when they are starting to do all kinds of new things. While this is also the fun stage, looking at a newborn baby makes you briefly remember when your child cared about nothing more than letting you hold him all day. We are women, naturally born to nurture and care. Kissing boo-boos and peek-a-boo is all good, but someone that absolutely cannot thrive without us is more like it. That's why we get so crushed when a man is completely independant and never wants our help even up to the point of leaving us. While it drives us crazy that a man cannot do everything the way we want it, we still need them to be a little dependant on our instruction. LOL we are just bossy.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2010