I was just wondering when say they don't believe in God are they being serious?

I just don't believe their are people in this world that don't believe. They may say it but deep down inside I believe they do. Even the devil himself believe in God.Are there people that worship the devil, why would you worship something that has to get permission from God. God can do what he wants when he wants and nobody can tell him other wise.Somebody explain this to if you know the answer yourself. I'm not bashing anybody religion I just don't believe it.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 8:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• 100% serious. I don't believe in any god(s) I will remain that way until such time as God decides to give me some proof.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Ok, this question is gonna get messy :) Just to warn you :)

I believe in God, but I do believe there are people who DONT believe...and that does not make them better or worse than me. Just different. I can not force someone to believe how I do, that is not my job, my job is to show Jesus living though me and hope others see him in me and wonder and search :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I think the real answer is that no one knows for sure. It can't be proven, so no one can know for sure. Of course there are people that don't believe in God... but mostly there are people that don't know either way.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• For the record I don't believe in the devil either.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Well first if they worship the devil obviously they believe in God they just don't go by his way. Second there are people that don't believe in God and hardly any of them worship the devil, some believe in a different God/Godess/gods and some don't believe in any god. It really isn't that hard they just don't believe that he exists they don't think any god made us or anything around us they believe the scientific reason and thats it.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't believe in "God" as written about in western religions. I don't pray to him, and I don't believe there is a being that doles out punishment and reward. I believe in a higher power, but I think that higher power comes from individuals strength and belief in something larger than oneself rather than a man-created ideal of an omnipotent entity. I know a lot of people that feel the same way; someone believing is just as strange to me/us as not believing is strange to believers. I have a great deal of respect for peoples beliefs, even if I don't feel the same way.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I just don't believe it but hey if u don't then I don't know what to say.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I believe that you are self absorbed, delusional, and condescending.

I do not believe in a higher power, force of the universe, god/goddess, spirits, ghosts, an after life, or any of the other un-realities that people preach in order to reconcile the fact that this is life, it's not easy, it's not fair, and bad things happen to good people for no particular reason. It is simply the luck of the draw.
    I believe that adults who have imaginary friends are mentally ill, which is why they can not wrap their brain around the concept of being truly alone in the known universe.

As much as you are certain that you believe, we are grounded in the fact that we do not. I'm sorry that you have such a warped perception of others- maybe you should work on that ;)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I think in general, people are pretty serious about what they believe. I mean logically, why would someone state that they don't believe in God when they really do and vice versa? Now there are some people who say "I'm not sure" , but that is not the same thing as saying one thing and thinking another.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that the "God" represented by organized religions in the world is an entity I do not believe in.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 8:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't believe in god. There is no lingering doubt in my mind. I am actually the opposite of you. I just don't see how people can seriously believe in a personal/creator/prayer answering/ micro-managing god. I think most people are secretly atheists, they are just too afraid to admit it to themselves, let alone other people.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2010