does your 3 year old nap?

everyday? once in a while? are they home? at daycare? just curious. debating with SO.

brodysmama23

Asked by brodysmama23 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yes he does daycare three day a week with me thurs and friday (my days off) then at g mas sat and sun mornings....he take nap at daycare and gmas. and he does at home most of the time. but sinc ei dont get alot of time with him i let him stay up sometimes......but i tell him if he gets the crankies it is off to bed he goes.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 8:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Rarely and it's usually only if Dad puts him down. He's not 3 until August.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 8:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes he naps every day or he is not nice to be around. He has always been a good sleeper. He takes 2 1/2 - 3 hr naps. He naps where ever he is. My older son stopped everyday napping about 3 1/2. He still (at 6) has to have at least 1 hr of quite time a day or he turns into a grump too. Sometimes it's nice b/c he falls asleep for longer. :)
    CLewis1226

Answer by CLewis1226 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• sometimes. i dont ever try to make her unless she really needs one. sometimes she will just put a movie in and tell me she is going to watch it then will fall asleep on the couch.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• All three of my kids stopped napping soon after they turned two. Sometimes I can get my 2 1/2 year old to lay down on the couch and take an hour nap, but it is rare anymore.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Oh, and I forgot to add...they are home, not in daycare.
    fallnangel93

• My son is 3 and unfortunately he doesn't like to nap until about 3 or 4 in the afternoon, if I let him, he will stay up until 10 - 11 and I can't handle that. Lately if he falls asleep I've been waking him, and trying to keep him busy in the afternoon to stretch him....if I'm successful he'll go to sleep for the night between 7-8 pm. That usually works for a few days and then he poops out and just has to have a nap. Its been a huge struggle for us for the last year. He's been home with me since January. Before that he was in preschool 2 days per week and he did nap every day at that point.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No mine are at home with DH all day they both quit napping around 2.5 years old. Sometimes if they have a rough night or aren't feeling well they do.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• ds hasnt really took naps since he was 1 yr. sometimes if he is sick or if he woke up in the middle of the nite he will take a nap. i try to make it happen before 12 cause if its after he wont sleep till 12. dd is 20 months and so far she still takes a nap
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 8:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• not since 2
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2010