Healthy cookbook recommendation?

Stemmed from another post...

Do you have a healthy cookbook recommendation?

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 8:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Any of the weight watchers cook books. The recipes are delicious.

Answer by mumma28 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Well, that depends on your definition of "healthy"... but you should check This out

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I second the Weight Watchers suggestion. I bought a WW Complete Cookbook at Walmart for less than $20. I have yet to be disappointed by a recipe.

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• everyone beat me to it... any weight watchers cookbook, or a cholesterol health cookbook, etc. it all boils down to the same thing...

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Tosca Rena's Eat Clean Cookbooks. She has several including one for families. The recipes use a lot of whole grains, lean meats, fresh fruits and vegetables, and are really good. I've made her Chicken Cassoulet (it's now a regular on our menu), a salmon recipe that was amazing, we made her stuffing for Thanksgiving, and it was fabulous, her Italian Wedding Soup, and a number of others all loved by my family. I have all of her cookbooks, and also get the magazine, which always has great recipes.

Whatever you pick, have fun, and congratulations on learning to cook healthy for your family.

Answer by ohwrite at 9:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Thanks for the recommendations. I attempted to put a hold on the books on the library's website and there is a waiting list for all the weight watchers books so they must be good!

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Anything by Nava Atlas

There are some wonderful recipe websites:

Answer by rkoloms at 9:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2010