Ending Co-Sleeping.

My son is 2 years old and has been pretty much co-sleeping with us since birth. We recently started TTC and now I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to get my son sleeping in his "big boy bed". I love having him in bed with us, but now with him getting bigger he isn't a very good bed buddy anymore, plus getting to sleep has become more and more of a battle. Any ideas? Suggestions? Advice?

Laur26

Asked by Laur26 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For the first few nights camp out in his room until he falls asleep. Don't know if it's a twin or toddler bed, but if it's a toddler bed you can put it in your room to start and gradually move it towards his room. IDK I never really had issues moving my co-sleepers to their own beds.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't know why, but he seems to hate his toddler bed! He likes it during the day (will play and read books on it) but refuses to lay in it. I've tried staying with him until he falls asleep, its just SO hard to be consistent (middle of the night wake ups) when I'm so tired.
    Laur26

Comment by Laur26 (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I'm going through that, too. (Not TTC, but trying to get him into his own bed.) Right now, he's in his crib the first half of the night, then comes to our bed. We started with the crib next to me in our bedroom, then moved it to the foot of the bed, then to his room. I still have to hold him while he falls asleep, so we're working on that. He comes to our bed around 1. He refuses to go back in the crib around then, so he comes to our bed. I'm in school full time over the summer, so I don't have it in me to be up all night with this wakings, but after this, I plan to.
    Consistency is KEY. It's SOOO hard, but it will pay off.
    You might try reading "The No Cry Sleep Solution" toddler version. I'm reading it now, and the infant one helped us a lot with getting him into the crib in the first place.
    Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2010