Regression?

About a month ago my husband and I had a 3.5 year old girl placed with us. She is very smart and on the whole a very mature child (she hardly ever cries, even when put in time out) However, she puts her mouth on *everything* the table, the sprinklers at the water park, the toilet, the cat. She also always has her fingers in her mouth. Is this fairly common for preschoolers this age or is she regressing a bit? This is my first child so I've never had a toddler. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter likes to put stuff in her mouth to she is also 3.5 years old. She puts her toys, hair, and fingers in her mouth. whenever we catch her we just tell her that those things dont belong in her mouth and to take it out.. it usually works. good luck.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My son does this on occasion and my daughter did too. If she seems to be continuing to develop and otherwise is normal, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you want to, you could have a doctor give her a physical and check her out to rest your mind. Good luck to you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2010