How do you Discipline your kids?

YogaMommyz

Asked by YogaMommyz at 9:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• We do timeout's and and positive discipline.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 9:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Depends on what they did. 9 times out of 10 it's time out or 'restriction' to their room until they calm down. If it is a life or death thing like running out into the street I may swat their butt real quick to make a point. That hardly ever happens.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• first its a verbal warning...if you dont stop im going to spank you....then if they dont they get spanked.....if that dont work then its time out and after they are to go clean there room if its messy my kids are 4yrs and 1yrs and listen quite well so it rarely happens
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 9:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We tried spanking but it didn't work. So now we have started doing pubishment. My kids are so busy, that they spend most of their time in their rooms. Oh, and they are 6 and 3.
    k_hall1784

Answer by k_hall1784 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• usually time out, but if it is very serious (like doing something dangerous to the baby or something like that) i will spank them. i would say that only happens like maybe twice a year so they're pretty good lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We spank and use time out.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I generally spank, but i'm start to transition into timeouts bc spanking is becoming in effective.
    newfound09

Answer by newfound09 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• The definition of discipline is to teach and to guide. The way I teach and guide them is in part seeking to understand where they are and working with them to get them to where they need to be. I establish boundaries and there are natural consequences (ie. throwing the ball in the house after I've asked for it not to be thrown means ball goes away for a while). Mostly, we have a household where we have fun, we talk, and we mutually respect one another.

The more I have children and the older I (and they) get, the more firmly I believe that punishment is rarely part of discipline.

My children are 13m, 3y, 6y, 7y.
    Kid_Coach

Answer by Kid_Coach at 9:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2010