If you are a stepmom, what is your relationship like with your stepkid(s)?

believejohn316

Asked by believejohn316 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• They are my children and I am their mom, but I have had them since they were young and there is no involvement from their bio-mom. I tried so hard to keep her in their lives but she choose to walk away and not look back. I am very thankful that I got the chance to raise and watch these amazing kids grow.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 9:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It's good. We don't really see his son, but that could change now that it's sumer.
    shadowsgrl09

Answer by shadowsgrl09 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I adopted him.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I love my boys. I treat them just like I treat my DD. They are both 9 years old(twins) and amazing young men and I feel it is a privalage to be in their lives. I knew when I decided to be with their dad I would be a mom(this was years before I had my DD)
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Sometimes strained, mostly due to their nasty bio-mom and the things she says to them about my husband and myself. Over the years (almost 7), we have become closer, but their mother's nastiness has really prevented a solid relationship. I consider myself a "bonus loving adult" in their lives, not a parent.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I love them and they love me.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 9:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We have a great relationship. He is a part of my family, and fits right in whenever he comes over.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010