going camping with a 4yr old and a 1 yr old.....

we are going tent camping after the 4th of july....have you gone camping with lil ones and was it more work then fun?

mama2my2boys

Asked by mama2my2boys at 9:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• the hardest thing we did was camping with infant twins. breast feeding on an air mattress that was losing air in the middle of the night was rough!!!
    the good part was we were camping in a friends backyard!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Oh yes it was more work then fun, with little ones there's little to no relaxing!! I went tent camping at one point with a 6 yr old, a 3 yr old and a 4 day old, mind you I still had my staples in from my c-section, I was miserable!!! I also went later on when the kids were 1, 4, and 7, it was better then but still a ton of work! Plan alot more activities than you think you'll need cuz u will be surprised how bored they get!! Good Luck!
    Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 9:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• more work! I suggest unless you want to live in the camp bathrooms cleaning dirt, then rent a room at a hotel. I camp with a 9 yr old, 6 and 2. I HATE it we do it once a year, so the kids are one year bigger each time.. it SUCKS still. too dirty, are you camping in a tent? we do pop up.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• were going with a two year old and a 10 mont old i wish you luck but it will be fun i was worried during a road trip we took and they did great its not hard i dont think just take what you need to make it easy for your self! have fun!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 9:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• well where we are going camping is only like 30 mins away from home and i dont mind my boys geting dirty as long as they are some what clean at bed time the campgrounds have shower and flushing toilets and lots of shade trees so i hope it wont be to bad
    mama2my2boys

Comment by mama2my2boys (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010