Has any mom had a right tube removed and conceived naturally?

I had my right tube removed (due to an ectopic pregnancy). I keep seeing moms with left tubes removed conceiving but not seeing right tube removals naturally conceiving. I would think it wouldn't make a difference on which side but I am just scared! Let me know if you have, to send some hope my way.

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 9:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i haven't but one of my friends from college has. gl :)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I just had surgery for an ectopic pregnacy on Tuesday. Luckily, they were able to save my tube. My doc told me that I have a 30% chance of having a second ectopic pregnancy. I know that I'm suppose to answer your question but...
    Did your doc give you the 30% stat too? How long have you waited before ttc? I wish you luck and I'm sorry you had to go through this too. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• A few weeks after the birth of my second and last child, at the age of 35, I opted to have my tubes tied. During the surgery, the OB who delivered my son, discovered that I only had ONE ovary/fallopian tube--it was my LEFT ovary/fallopian tube that was intact--my right was missing!!! Interestingly enough I have both of my kidneys (and my OB/GYN told me that kidneys and ovaries form at the same time during gestation) I never had issues with my periods, or getting pregnant!

Eggs are released alternating from one ovary to the next. SO if you are missing an ovary, you might experience a lighter than normal period. In both cases, the month I THOUGHT I was pregnant I wasn't, but the next month I was! Knowing what I know now, I wonder if that had to do with my missing ovary?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I just had mine removed in April we lost our baby before they noticed the blood in my abdomen and it was too late the tube had already burst. I have no risk factors for ectopics and all they said is once you have one there is a 15% chance you may have one again. we aren't not trying.... just leaving it in Gods hands but I think you should at least wait till you heal and your emotionally feeling up to it. I still think about it all the time but I dont think it will get easier for a long while... Like I said we aren't preventing pregnancy at this point either so whatever happens happens. I did have 2 cycles since surgery (you should probably wait till you start having cycles again to be safe from miscarriage i would guess.) Sorry for your loss momma I will be praying for you hun!
    hotrodmomma

Comment by hotrodmomma (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It shouldn't matter which side you have left. My mother in law got pregnant without even trying after her ectopic pregnancy which resulted in the tube completely rupturing. She had a healthy baby girl with no complications at all. It is completely possible because you still have an ovary and a good tube, it's just your chances of getting pregnant are less than if you still had both.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I was actually told that I had a miscarriage but then I had to have a second ultrasound when my hcg levels went up a week later. That is when I found out about the e.pregnancy and i was rushed into surgery. It was so hard... it was like going through hell twice! I did a little research and found out that being on a progesterone (sp?) only birth control pill and having a recent pregnancy makes it more likely, I did both. I got pregnant on the pill and I have a 6 month old. Although the baby was a surprise, he/she was very much wanted!

I did a google search of ectopic pregnancy testimonials and found some really inspiring stories. Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the kind words. I wish you the best also and I hope God blesses you with a healthy baby!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 10:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2010