Next upgrade request:

I know that selecting a best answer is the best option but I have a lot of old old old question that were opinion I never picked one for. I mean like 200 over the last year or so since I strated. Can open question automatically delete after X number of months? Or have a setting to do do if you want to? Kinda like my email deletes messages that are over 3 months old. Might help with some clutter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I like this idea.
    YogaMommyz

Answer by YogaMommyz at 9:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Do you get points 'credits' for choosing a best answer? If so I am sure that this idea wouldn't detour people from choosing one. If you don't maybe that's a thought to.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You dont get points for choosing a best answer but you get points for being picked for the best answer. You also get extra credit for having others bump your posts or voting up your answer.
    tanya777

Answer by tanya777 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I like this idea and I also think they should add an edit button to our answers.
    I posted an answer yesterday and really messed up so I had to delete it and repost it after I fixed what I messed up. Well they take away 5 points for deleting an answer.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I like the idea though. I have a ton of old questions I don't want to go through for a hour...I was just trying to make it work with the whole point thing they have going on now. (which I hate BTW)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If you hover over the Answers tab, and click on "My Questions," you can see which questions are still open, and those that are, you can still select a "best answer" and if the person is still on CM, they will get the credit as per the new rules.

This new system started yesterday, and I have since received credit for best answers from last week, and months ago. :o)

However, you cannot automatically delete your questions--in fact you will LOSE points now, for doing so manually! So it's best to select best answers and close your open questions.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2010