From what time do they count when depo will be out of you system?

I know that it takes 15-18 months for depo to get out of your system. But do they count that from the time of the last shot you got or the one you where due for and didnt. For example my last shot was in january and my next was due in april would they count 15-18 months from january or april?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Although pregnancy can occur as early as 14 weeks after the last injection, in trials the average time for ovulation (producing eggs) to start again was about five and a half months after the last injection.
    This is not the same as the time to becoming pregnant again which is quite a bit longer - the average being about 10 months after the last injection.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/birthcontrolandcontraception/207401.html
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't know for sure, but my friend got pregnant about a month before her next shot was due.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 9:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I would assume they would count from April since that would be about the time the hormones in the shot are wearing off.

However, to speed up my return to fertility after my SINGLE dose of depo (I HATED it!) I went on BC pills for a month...got pregnant the following month after stopping the pills :)
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2010