:). Maybe?

My boyfriend's mom asked me and my son (who is her son's child also) to hang out with her today and we had an awesome time:). Sometimes he likes to stop by his mom's house after work to visit her, and I was wondering...do you think they'll talk about the good time we had together? He and I have been dating for 8 months (our second time around, dated once before, got engaged, broke up because things weren't working out), etc. and I really want his mom to like me. She didn't last time. She's told me before that she likes me as a person and friend, but I 'd really like for her to like me if/when her son and I do get engaged.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm sure they'll talk abou it.
    If she's told you that she likes you what makes you t hink that she doesnt?
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• well of course she will tell him that ya'll hung out. And she will probably tell him EVERYTHING lol. but you just have to get her to warm up to you. Call her up out of the blue to ask her how her day was, but don't be too pushy.. Good Luck
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I guess I'm just nervous because we had a bad relationship when her son and I dated before.
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Just be yourself, and don't worry about what they talk about :) Relax, don't try to hard, and I bet it will all be ok. It's wonderful that you had such a good time with her!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I suspect that it is just mentioned in passing- did she enjoy when you came over, yes it was a pleasant time- something like that, and then they move on. It sounds as though she does like you.

Answer by Bmat at 10:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yea I would be nervous too..when I first met my DH's mom I was so nervous. I had never met any of my ex's moms so I was so scared that she would like me. And when Idid first meet her she was looking me up and down with a weird look. but now my DH and I have been married for 2 yrs and she calls me her daughter not her dil. but I think your bf's mom was probably just trying to protect her son like you will do someday
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• sure they probably.. To have a MIL you get along with is a blessing.. I dont meet mine for lunch or anything like that but I truely love everyone in DH family & from that I can tell everyone likes me... My MIL & Grandmother-inlaw is constantly telling us they are proud of us for our parenting skills and other stuff..
    I just dont think i could marry & have a baby with a man that their family did not like me.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2010