How does one find legit child modeling agencies?

Before you begin the negative comments, please know that I am NOT a "pagent mom". Dressing babies up in red lipstick and hairspray and telling them to "flirt with their eyes" sickens me. Indeed, I have always said "no" when strangers and family alike have suggested I look into modeling for my (18 month old) "Gerber baby". Recently though, I had a slight change of heart. After all, it would be a nice way to set up a savings account for her, and maybe even get her around other children. Also, if in a few years she were to say, "Mama, I don't want to do this anymore", no problem and that would be the end of it. I did a little online searching for modeling agencies in my area (Austin, TX would be the closest metropolitan area to me), but you never know what is real, and what is a scam. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If you go onto the BBB- Better Business Bureau they can give you information about the customer complaints they have had over a certain amount of time and whether or not the company resolved the complaint. Also, lawsuits against a comapy are apart of public record so its good to know if the agency has been sued for not paying thier clients.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010