Ketchup and carpet... bad combination!

My youngest dropped her plate on the dining room floor (I hate carpeted dining rooms!) and the ketchup went everywhere. I have tried everything short of bleach (it's a cream colored carpet) and carpet cleaned 3 times and there is still a stain. It didn't even sit there that long!

Any other ideas for how to get the ketchup stain out of my carpet?

momof3inTN

Asked by momof3inTN at 10:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Well, I would go ahead and bleach the stains. With that color, it turns a lavender, as I can tell you from experience. We have plenty of little lavender spots in our home. It's better than the alternative.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• lol my mom shampooed her carpet just before fathers day and had the party at her house and let the lil kids eat at the table and my son dropped his plate with a hot dog with mustard and ketchup the ketchup came right up the mustard didnt....so it must have been a lot of ketchup....best of luck
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 10:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• mama2my2boys - yes, it was a lot of ketchup. My oldest helped fix the plates and he loaded it with ketchup. I didn't think anything of it because my youngest is usually so good about being careful. The one time I don't fix a new plate with less ketchup and boom! All of the floor.

m-avi - guess I'll be pulling out the bleach. Thanks! I'll see what happens.
    momof3inTN

Comment by momof3inTN (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I always recommen Folex for carpet stains. You'll find it at Home Depot down the aisle with other cleaners. You can also find it at the companies website: www.folex.org

The stuff works wonders, my husband and I own a carpet cleaning business and we use this as our stain treater
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2010