about conception/pregnancy & iud need replies please

ok. well i had the iud and had it taken out because me and my fianca decided to have another child we have been trying for a few months now and i kept miscarriaging, and then here recently i haven't even had a speck of blood for this months period i test and it says no but something tells me i am, maybe i'm crazy. but what would cause me not to have a period and gaining weight, also breast tender.

and did anyone have problems after having the iud removed if so what kinds?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had an IUD for a while and had it removed. Your periods can be irregular for a while after its removed. You should be able to get pregnant right away so its likely not the IUD thats causing the problems you've had since. Its worth talking to your obgyn about. Have you tested yet? Is it too early to get a positive if you do maybe?
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• no im three weeks late but iwent today because i was having ear problems to my family doctor and they tested and it was negative i go to the obgyn tuesday so i guess i will see, but
    i dont understand my first daughter it took one time, and me and my fianca have sex everyday so how could i not be?
    elizabethrai

Answer by elizabethrai at 11:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• well, i know that when my sister was TTC she wanted it so bad that she started having symptoms even though she wasn't pregnant. It was almost like she was willing herself to be pregnant, but there was no fetus, just morning sickness, sore breasts, fatigue, etc.

Perhaps your desire has tricked your body?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• well i have miscarriaged twice now having the iud out , and since the last time i can't get pregnant at all maybe its my body that has something wrong i cnt.. i may be have tricked my body because we want our daughter now with a little sibling around the same age and we are just wnating more children now.
    elizabethrai

Answer by elizabethrai at 11:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I had Merena IUD for two years and I had it removed TTC for over a year and a half, only had three periods in that whole time and finally was pregnant. It took us a year and a half....what kind of IUD did you have? The Merena ones are hormone based (it acts like the depo shot) while now I have the copper or Paragaurd IUD that is non hormonal.

Keep trying, but believe me when I say it can take some time (the whole reason we chose this method was because of the ability to get pregnant quickly after removal, HA!). Good luck mama!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I had a Mirena, and we conceived the first month after it was taken out. It's all very individual. If you had Mirena, it might take a bit for your body to get rid of the hormones, but most likely, the IUD isn't affecting the conception. It can take awhile to conceive, just try to be patient and give it time. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2010