Just got the cutest puppy...

Right now her name is Oakley (after the sunglasses) but the kids want to change her name. Their idea is Rainbow Heart LOL (I cannot help but to laugh just thinking of it). She is a black lab mix. Should we let the kids name her or try to compromise with them?

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 11:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pets

• Let the kids come up with a list of names and you come up with a list of names and see if there is one that you can agree on. I also like the name Oakley.
    KendraR

Answer by KendraR at 11:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I like Oakley, but if it may make the kids happier to try and compromise on something!
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 11:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Let the children name her. They'll remember always that they got to name her. Congratulations on the furry addition to your family!

Answer by Bmat at 11:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Let the kids name her. I had a two yellow labs before .. The first one was Rowdy and the second one was Brutus .. two of the best dogs ever. I named Rowdy, but did not name Brutus. He was already named when I adopted him from my other dog's vet clinic.
    I say let the kids pick. Get them to put a couple ideas together and then let them discuss it and come up with their own name.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Let the kids name her. We did... we ended up with a little gray kitten named "Gray Kitten." Now that she is a full-fledged cat the name doesn't fit so well so they call her GK.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I agree. . let the kids name her! My mom and dad let me name the cat. . .and I still remember that! :)
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Awww..we have two black labs! Their names are Auggie (from the old cartoon show "Auggie Doggy") and Scout, they are the best dogs to have for young boys! My boys, ages 8 and 6 take the BEST care of them! It's probably the best thing we ever did to help them with their communication skills, social development, responsibilities/chores (keeping up after them), and time management.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Oakley is just too hard for me to remember lol
    ABusyBee

Comment by ABusyBee (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010