dry scalp...

my 22 month old dd has dry scalp..she just got it lk 2wks ago..and i was jw if there was anything i can use besides baby oil to make it not be dry??...and how would she of got it bcuz she still uses the same shampoo she used when she was born...well not the same bottle but same brand. lol. but i was jw how she got it?

MoMMy2aDiVA08

Asked by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Olive Oil spray (it's for african american hair, but it works just wonderfully for dry scalp for white people hair)
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• idk why it would happen now but you could use selson blue to get rid of the flakes and then maybe try adifferent kind of shampoo that is more moisturizing
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• maybe try a shampoo that has conditioner in it. We had to change my daughters shampoo from baby to "big kid" shampoo. we use suave smoothies they are tear free too.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• What do you call dry scalp - is she getting just flaky stuff in her hair?? Try changing her shampoo to a natural shampoo maybe comb her hair just after you wash it also.
    Healthytomorrow

Answer by Healthytomorrow at 11:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Our scalps were not made to tolerate shampoo. And shampoos are not designed to work with our bodies natural functions. They are made that way, so you use more of them over your life time. Even the gentlest baby shampoo can wreak havoc to the natural system of our scalp & hair. Plus, they are loaded with chemicals. Try to rub a bit of coconut oil into her scalp a few minutes before bath time. And, if you can, wash her hair less. I have washed my dd hair about 5 times since she was born. She is 20 months. It looks like I wash it everyday, but I just rinse it with water.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 26, 2010